Engleza la Grădi has a special schedule for this week: cooking in the classroom.
Why Cook In the Classroom?
When cooking and following a rebus recipe, students practice…
- following directions
- fine motor skills
- …and they have fuuun🙂
1 Ritz cracker per child
mini chocolate chips
- Spread the cream cheese on the Ritz cracker.
- Place a variety of small edible pieces on top of the cream cheese, making facial features to create an edible face.
- Repeat, trying to make a new face expressing a different feeling!
1 spoonful of peanut butter
1 spoonful of Karo syrup
1 spoonful of powdered sugar
1 spoonful nonfat dry milk
2 mini cookies
1 6 inch string of licorice
- Place the peanut butter, syrup, powdered sugar, and dry milk in a small cup.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon until no dry ingredients can be seen.
- Shape the peanut butter dough into a ball and place it on a plate. This is your mouse body!
- Add the raisins for eyes.
- Make mouse ears by inserting the cookies on the side.
- Add licorice for the tail.
- Munch! Munch!
Zoo Animal Cages
1 half of a graham cracker per child
1 Animal Cracker per child
1 Twizzler or licorice piece per child
- Give each child half of a graham cracker.
- With a plastic knife, have each child spread the frosting over their entire graham cracker.
- Place one animal cracker on top of the frosting.
- Break one Twizzler into three equal sections.
- Place the three pieces of Twizzler vertically over the graham cracker and animal cracker.
- View all of the different animals in their cages.
- Eat and enjoy!
Mini sponge cake or piece of angel food cake or pound cake
Whipped cream topping
Directions: Layer ingredients in a clear punch cup.
Place chunks of pineapple, mango, and banana in a clear punch cup or ice cream dish. Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
Peanut Butter Banana Delight
Ingredients for one serving:
3 tablespoons whipped topping
2 teaspoons peanut butter
Crushed graham crackers
Directions: Stir together whipped topping and peanut butter. Put a graham cracker in a ziplock bag for children to crush, and layer the graham cracker in the bottom of a punch cup. Add peanut butter whipped cream and sliced bananas. (Optional: Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.)