When God created teachers,
He gave us special friends
To help us understand His world
And truly comprehend
The beauty and the wonder
Of everything we see,
And become a better person
With each discovery.
When God created teachers,
He gave us special guides
To show us ways in which to grow
So we can all decide
How to live and how to do
What’s right instead of wrong,
To lead us so that we can lead
And learn how to be strong.
Why God created teachers,
In His wisdom and His grace,
Was to help us learn to make our world
A better, wiser place.
I’ll get to know you
- The teacher (ahead of time) tapes either a big button with a letter of the alphabet underneath the child’s desk. The teacher would make sure that there are 2 of each letter and then space out the letters.
- Example, under Johnny’s desk a button would have the letter “A” written on it, and then across the room, under Brenda’s desk, there would be another button with the letter “A”.
- When the teacher rings the bell, the children scurry to find their match and then must find out 2 facts about the person.
- After everyone has found their match, the children would sit in a big circle to introduce their new friend and tell the class two facts about the person.
Hello, Hello Icebreaker. Printable Pdf here: Hello_hello_icebreaker
- Firstly the kids look through the pictures on the Icebreaker printable, decide which ones they can do and colour them in. They might choose only a few things or they might decide they can do everything! Hopefully they’ll take time to chat with the kids around them while they’re doing this.
- Then, as a group, ask the children what they can do. They might like to add other special abilities such as break dancing, jumping like a frog or going cross-eyed. For the song they’ll each need to choose two activities (that have one or two syllables) or one activity (with more than three syllables) to fit into the ‘I can….’ line of the song. For example, ‘I can click and hop,’ or ‘I can build a sandcastle.’
A Kiss for the Kids!
All students start this activity in a seated position. Then the teacher will give the following, or similar, instructions for students to follow:
- If you traveled this summer, stand up.
- If you have a brother, sit down.
- If you are the youngest of all the children in your family, stand up.
- If you own a pet, sit down.
- If you have a sister, stand up.
- If your family owns a computer, sit down.
- If you live in an apartment, stand up.
- If this is your first year in this school, sit down.
- If you are in ____ grade, stand up. (Fill in the blank with your grade; all students will stand.)
- If you were kissed by someone this morning, sit down.
At this point in the activity give a (chocolate) kiss to all those who are standing and say, „We all need a kiss a day!”
Prima întâlnire cu copiii este frumoasă, emoționantă și are mereu un farmec aparte. Toți ochișorii te măsoară din cap până în picioare și fiecare cuvânt este literă de lege.
Acum este momentul să afli cât mai multe despre picii cu care o să te vezi aproape zilnic și să încerci să faci o impresie bună (da, și la ei contează prima impresie. Dacă nu este puternică, vei câștiga foarte greu autoritatea în fața lor). Continuă lectura
HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY IN KINDERGARTEN?
I really hope it was great and you had fun meeting the children and the parents.
I can’t wait to share all the good stuff I prepared for you all this summer.
Please leave a comment and tell me about your first day with the Kinders 🙂
HAVE THE BEST TEACHING YEAR!